President Barack Obama will give his annual State of the Union address tonight at 6 p.m. PST. Here's some online and local options for watching the speech.
If you don’t own a television, or you’re stuck working late tonight in the office, here are a few online options for watching President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address tonight:
- Starting at 5 p.m. elements promised on the White House page dedicated to the State of the Union will include graphics, data and statistics that build on topics in President Obama's speech.
- While you are watching, you can join a live discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #SOTU.
- After the State of the Union, a panel of senior advisors will answer your questions on Twitter. Use the Twitter hash tag #WHChat.
- You can join in the discussion on the White House Facebook page as well.
- Next week, Obama will be featured in a Google+ Hangout.
YouTube: The speech will be accessible via youtube.com/whitehouse. Questions can be submitted and President Obama will select some to answer during a Jan. 30 event live from the White House.
UStream: The speech will be available on several channels, including CBS News and the PBS NewsHour. Also, the League of Young Voters is hosting a "#BarackTalk" viewing party and panel discussion.The Republican address to the nation will also air on Speaker Boehner's UStream channel.
Local Watch Parties
Viewing parties are planned all over the Bay Area this evening for President Obama's State of the Union address.
Several parties are taking place in San Francisco, including a large gathering that will begin at 5 p.m. at Rasselas Jazz Club at 1534 Fillmore St. Other viewing events will take place at the Buck Tavern at 1655 Market St. and the Cigar Bar & Grill at 850 Montgomery St.
In Oakland, from 5 to 8 p.m., Everett and Jones Barbeque at Jack London Square will host Obama supporters who want to watch the address and organize for the coming election, Obama 2012 California press secretary Mary Nemick said.
Additional watch parties will be held at the Firehouse Grill and Brewery at 1765 E. Bayshore Road in East Palo Alto at 5:30 p.m., and at Jake's of Sunnyvale pizzeria at 174 E. Fremont Ave. in Sunnyvale.
Bay City News contributed to this report.