[Editor's Note: 2012 is an off-year for elections in the City of Foster City and its school districts. However, Foster City voters will choose candidates for the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, California State Assembly and California State Senate. Candidates have until Aug. 10 to file nomination papers.]
County Supervisor, District 4
Supervisor Rose Jacobs-Gibson’s term . The following qualified in June amidst a field of eight for a run-off election this November
- is currently a trustee on the board and is the Executive Director of the health non-profit Teen Talk.
- is a retired San Mateo County Clerk and the former Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder for San Mateo County.
District 1 Supervisor Dave Pine and District 5 Supervisor Adrienne Tissier are running uncontested for their seats again.
The Board of Supervisors also voted to place on November’s ballot to let the voters determine if Supervisors will be elected at-large (the entire county) or just by the voters in the District they serve.
San Mateo County is the only county in the state that currently allows supervisors to be selected by an "at large" system, in which candidates that receive the most county-wide votes are elected.
Member of the State Assembly, District 22
- is a South San Francisco City Council member.
- is a businessman from Redwood City.
State Senator, District 13
- is the current Assemblymember in District 19 and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor and San Mateo city councilman.
- is a former State Assemblywoman from District 22 in Santa Clara County and is currently an environmental policy advocate.