The North Peninsula Democratic Club today announced their selection of officially endorsed candidates for the June 5 election.
Based on the votes received from NPDC members, the group has endorsed Menlo Park Mayor Kirsten Keith for the District 4 County Board of Supervisors race, choosing Keith over former Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder Warren Slocum and five other candidates.
"Warren wasn't at the candidate's breakfast (last Saturday) so he really didn't get a chance to talk about himself," says San Mateo County Harbor District Commissioner Robert Bernardo, a key member of the democratic group. "He was sick that morning, he told us he was out ill, and wasn't able to make it. I don't know if I'm surprised (by the endorsement of Keith); he just wasn't able to make it."
Other candidates endorsed today by the Club for the 2012 election:
- State Assembly (19th District) Phil Ting
- State Assembly (22nd District) Kevin Mullin
- State Assembly (24th District) Rich Gordon
- State Senate (11th District) Mark Leno
- State Senate (13th District) Jerry Hill
- San Mateo County Board of Supervisors (4th District) Kirsten Keith