A man stumbled upon skeletal remains while hiking Monday morning at the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve in unincorporated San Mateo County.
He immediately called the San Mateo County Sheriff’s office and deputies arrived around noon.
The name guided the deputies to the location, approximately two miles west of Skyline Boulevard and approximately 100 feet off trail, where Deputies confirmed the skeletal remains were human.
San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office Detectives and the San Mateo County Coroner responded and assumed the investigation.
The identity of the remains is unknown at this time.
Also on Patch
- Pacifica Pedestrian Hit by Alleged DUI Driver
- Devil's Slide Tunnels — a Massive Art Installation
- A Final Farewell to the Piano on the Bluffs
- Photos: Dancers at Sunset on the Secluded Strand of Martin's Beach
- Flash Mob Comes to Half Moon Bay and You’re Invited to Dance