.

Carbon Monoxide Prompts Evacuation at Embassy Suites

Guests were evacuated around 1 a.m. after high carbon monoxide levels were detected in the hotel.

A carbon monoxide leak that prompted the evacuation of the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport hotel in Burlingame early Thursday morning was likely caused by a boiler leak, a fire chief said.

Firefighters were called to the hotel at 150 Anza Blvd. to test its air quality and evacuate guests around 1 a.m., Central County Fire Authority Chief Don Darnell said.

The carbon monoxide was traced to a boiler that feeds the hotel pool and a spa, Darnell said.

The unit was immediately shut down, and carbon monoxide levels dissipated, he said.

Ambulances were standing by at the scene, but no one was injured or required treatment, Darnell said.

Guests were able to return to their rooms shortly after 5 a.m., Embassy Suites General Manager Ernie Catanzaro said.

Crews remained at the hotel monitoring the air throughout the morning.

-- Bay City News

Pat November 12, 2012 at 03:30 AM
It's my understanding someone was seriously injured and is still in the hospital in serious condition!!!!!!!
Leo November 17, 2012 at 04:47 AM
I got the information straight from someone who practically lives there and one of the girls at the front told him that they thought the guy left but turns out he passed in the room because of the boiler leak. Embassy Suites needs to fix that place up.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »