.

Andre Edwards' Trial Pushed Back to February

The former Ralston Middle School custodian is accused of molesting two female students at the school.

The trial for former Ralston Middle School custodian Andre Edwards, who is accused of inappropriately touching female students on two separate occasions, has been pushed back to February.

Edwards, 54, is charged with two counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14. He was expected to go to trial this week, but both the prosecution and defense teams requested additional time to prepare for the trial.

A judge on Monday reset the trial for Feb. 11 at 8:45 a.m. It is the third time a trial date has been set in this case.

In the 2010 incident, Edwards allegedly put his hands down the pants of a 13-year-old girl. The girl reported the incident and police investigated, but the case wasn't prosecuted due to a lack of corroboration.

In the second incident, Edwards was alone with a 13-year-old female student in his office at 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 15, 2010, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office.

Edwards allegedly "grabbed her buttock and cupped her breast with his hand," the district attorney's office reported.

The student told school officials after first period, and the police were called. Edwards was arrested in March 2011.

Edwards has denied the claims. He retired from the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District on Feb. 28, 2011 where he had been employed since September 1987.

Edwards remains out of custody on a $50,000 bail bond.

 

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Sign up for our daily newsletter | Blog for us

Chana Heather Schames November 01, 2012 at 09:54 PM
OMG i remember him from when I went to Ralston!!! NUTS
V November 07, 2012 at 01:45 AM
He didn't want to take the deal on October.
V November 07, 2012 at 01:47 AM
By the way the incident happend in 2001 not in the 2010 incident, Edwards allegedly put his hands down the pants of a 13-year-old girl. The girl reported the incident and police investigated, but the case wasn't prosecuted due to a lack of corroboration.
ronny November 08, 2012 at 04:55 PM
V The first incident happened in 2010 under the "leadership" of Principal Jennifer Kollman who resigned after the second incident and was re-assigned to the BRSS district offices. Even after the first accusation / incident, Ms. Kollman and district Superintendent Ms. Emerita Orta-Camilleri allowed Mr. Edwards to coach girls volleyball for two years at Ralston, during which time the second incident occured. No one is investigating misconduct by these two BRSSD officials. Could this be why Ms. Camillera left and Ms. Kollman was reassigned after this arrest at year's end? I think they should be held accountable. I strongly believe that if there was an accusation against Mr. Edwards, he should not have been allowed to coach young girls at this school. Just my opinion.
Joan S. Dentler November 20, 2012 at 01:52 AM
JDavis....I spoke with SMC district attorney Steve Wagstaffe last week about the rescheduling of the trial date for Andre Edwards. Wagstaffe said that while interviewing witnesses, some new details were brought up, so the prosecution is doing some further investigation based on these new details.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »