The creative minds behind Foster City's iconic Hillbarn Theatre are gearing up for its fall production, and are ready to find the right actors to get things moving.
This Saturday, June 30, auditions will take place for the suspenseful play Deathtrap by Ira Levin, about a fading Broadway playwright who considers murdering a young, up-and-coming competitor in order to steal his work and play it off as his own.
Through auditions, Hillbarn is looking for its five main stars - three men and two women - who are described as follows:
- Sydney Bruhl: Male, 50-65 years old. An impressive, well-tended man; a successful writer of Broadway thrillers. Must be capable of performing stage combat and be willing to kiss another man.
- Cliff Anderson: Male, 22-30 years old. Aspiring young writer. Must be capable of performing stage combat and be willing to kiss another man.
- Myra Bruhl: Female, 35-50 years old. Sydney's self-effacing wife.
- Helga ten Dorp: Female, 45-65 years old. Stocky woman with German accent. Psychic.
- Porter Milgram: Male, 50-60 years old. Lawyer; man of substance.
For the audition, interested actors should prepare two one-minute, contemporary monologues - one dramatic in nature, and one comedic.
Auditions will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hillbarn Theatre, 1285 E. Hillsdale Blvd. in Foster City. To audition, sign up on Hillbarn's website.
Callbacks, which are by invitation only, will take place the next day, on Sunday, July 1, from 6-8:30 p.m.
Rehearsals for the show will begin on Sept. 4. Performances will run Thursdays through Sundays from Oct. 18 to Nov. 4.
The show will be directed by Karen Byrnes.
For more information, visit www.hillbarntheatre.org or call 650-349-6411.